Only residents of the Rochdale borough should apply using our online service. If you live in another local authority and you wish to apply for a Rochdale school, you must apply to your own local authority, specifying your preferred Rochdale schools. Your local authority will inform us of your application.
If you wish to apply for an independent school, you'll need to apply directly to the school for a place.
Things to remember when applying online
- You'll need to register for an account.
- You'll need a valid email address as part of the registration process.
- Check you've received the confirmation email, this will prove that the application has been received.
- Resubmit your application each time you log in to view or make any changes, otherwise your application won't be submitted. You'll receive a re-submission confirmation email each time you re-submit the application.
- You can
get FREE access to computers and the internet from any of the libraries across the Rochdale borough.
- The benefits of applying online include: you'll receive confirmation of receipt of your application form and the offer sent to you by email than have to wait for a letter.
Apply for a primary school place
Reception places for 2018: apply for a reception school place between Monday, 2 October 2017 and Monday, 15 January 2018.
Late applications for 2018: if you're applying for a reception school place after Monday, 15 January 2018 you'll need to complete a late application form. Apply for a primary school place after 15 January 2018 (654kb pdf).
We only accept late applications received before Monday, 16 April 2018 if there's a real and good reason to do so. For example, if your child has moved into the Rochdale area after Monday, 15 January 2018 and before the offer of place is made.
Late applications made without real and good reasons will be processed after the notification date of Monday, 16 April 2018.
We process late applications in 4 different batches depending on when we receive them:
Tuesday, 16 January 2018 - Sunday, 15 April 2018.
- Monday, 16 April 2018 - Sunday, 29 April 2018.
- Monday, 30 April 2018 - Friday, 1 June 2018.
- Saturday, 2 June 2018 or later - these'll be processed as we receive them, usually within 2 weeks.
In-year school transfers: if you'd like to transfer your child’s school during the school year, please complete an in-year transfer form.
More about in-year transfers.
Children with Special Educational Needs:
if your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or Education, Health and Care Plan (My Plan), the process of transferring to primary school is different. More about primary school places for children with special educational needs.
Step 4 - what happens after you apply for a primary school place