Buy a compost bin or make your own compost area
- Purchase a reduce price compost bin. We're working with getcomposting.com to offer residents reduced price compost bins.
- Purchase a relatively inexpensive one from a garden centre or large supermarket.
- Create a compost heap in a corner of your garden.
- Build your own compost bin out of old pallets or pieces of wood.
Buy multi-purpose compost
Buy your recycled food and garden waste as a multi-purpose peat free compost. Your food waste is all recycled into high quality compost ready for you to use in your garden.
- Buy them in various size bags.
- Get them directly from one of the weighbridge facilities, where the commercial and council delivery vehicles go, which are next to some recycling centres.
- Pay by cash or card.
How do I waste less?
There are many ways you can waste less. By making small changes in the way you buy, use and throwaway not only helps the environment but can save you money too.
Find out how to waste less