Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Report planning breaches

New buildings, extensions or changes in the use of land or buildings generally require planning permission or consent. Other activities may also require our consent, such as cutting down a protected tree.

But sometimes work is started without this permission or consent. We can investigate these cases and take action where clear harm is being caused. 

If you're concerned about a planning matter and would like us to investigate it please report it. You can search for planning applications and appeals, and see what stage an application has reached. Check if planning permission has been applied for.

Report a planning breach (opens in a new window)

We keep the record of enquiries confidential, but if court proceedings follow we may ask you to be a witness.


0300 303 8873
Fax: 01706 924628

Phone: Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm.
Closed for training Monday 11am-11.30m.

Planning Service
Number One Riverside
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU