Coronavirus (COVID-19): renewing library items
You can continue to renew your books online although you won’t be charged a fine on any items which become overdue while the libraries are closed.
If you can't return your library items before the due date, you can renew them to avoid a fine.
We'll automatically send you an email to remind you to renew your items 3-7 days before they're due back. If you've not received a reminder, log in to your library account to check we've the right email address for you.
Renew your library items online
To renew your library items online:
- Follow the link below to log in to your online library account.
- From your account, select 'current loans'. You should now see a list of the items you're currently borrowing from the library.
- From the list, click the 3 lines next to the item you'd like to renew. On a laptop or computer, click on the 3 dots next to the item you'd like to renew instead.
- Then select 'renew loan' from the drop down box which appears.
- Your item should now be renewed.
Other ways to renew your library items
You can renew your library items:
Over the phone: 0300 303 8876, Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm. We're closed for training on Monday between 11am-11.30am. You'll need your library card number when you ring.
In person: you can renew your loans at any library in the borough. You'll need to bring your library card with you but you don't have to bring the items you want to renew.
Find your nearest library.
Library items which can't be renewed
You won't be able to renew your library items if:
- An item has been reserved by someone else.
- You've renewed an item 10 times already. Once you've renewed 10 times, you'll need to bring the item back to the library for us to check. You may be able to borrow the item again immediately, depending on demand.