Did you know?
Where alleygates have been installed crimes like burglary, theft and criminal damage have reduced by 17.7%. Even better 89% of residents say they feel safer!
What are alleygates?
Alleygating is a very simple crime reduction measure that can successfully reduce burglaries, antisocial behaviour and fly-tipping. They are lockable steel gates that can be erected to the end of back alley-ways and passages
free of charge.
Can alleygates be added to my street?
Maybe. You'll need to contact us using the contact details provided on this page as we'll need to assess your street. Please note everybody living on your street will need to sign up to the scheme, if you are eligible we'll help you with the application process.
What are the benefits of alleygating?
As well as reducing burglaries, there are other advantages like:
- Reduced fear of crime
- Reduction in malicious fires
- Safer play areas for your children
- Reduced opportunities for fly-tipping and littering
- Reduced opportunities for youths to cause annoyance – this could mean anything from drinking in the alleys to taking drugs, and illegal off road biking.
- Fewer problems with stray dogs
- Improved community spirit, and a sense of ownership of the alleys
- Reduced opportunities for fly tipping and littering
How do I apply for alleygates?
You can either email or call us to find out more about alleygates. Use the contact details provided on this page to get in touch.