You can ask us to raise a flag of your choice from one of the flagpoles in the borough.
Locations where you can request to raise a flag
You can request to raise a flag at any of the following locations.
Request to raise a flag
If you'd like to request a flag to be raised:
- It's FREE to make a request but we need at least 2 weeks' notice.
- Please contact the township office where you'd like to raise a flag using the details on this page to let us know the date you'd like to raise a flag.
- If we're unable to raise a flag on your chosen day, we'll let you know what other dates we may have available.
- If we're able to raise a flag on your chosen day, we'll ask you to complete the form below. Please email it to us using the details provided on the form.
- Once you've sent the form to us, our chief executive will review your form and make the decision whether or not to approve your request.
- We aim to get in touch with you to let you know our decision within 7 working days of receiving your form. If we approve your request, please be prepared to provide your own flag as we can't guarantee we'll have the flag you've requested available.
How and when we'll raise the flag you've requested
We raise flags Monday-Friday before 10am and on the day you've requested. We then take them down before 10am on the next working day.
We'll raise your flag at full mast, except when our England or Union Flag is being flown at half mast.
Requests we will and won't approve
Our chief executive will use the following information when approving flag raising requests.
We're likely to approve requests that:
- Recognise a national holiday or a country's independence day.
- Celebrate art, community or cultural events.
- Aim to raise awareness for charities and other community organisations.
- Honour organisations, people or countries for a special achievement.
We won't approve requests:
- On behalf of a political party or political organisation.
- For a flag which we believe promotes hatred, violence or racism.
- That will break the law.
- For a flag that promotes a private, for-profit company.
For more information about the flags we can and can't raise, read our flag raising guidance.