Don't let your real Christmas tree go to waste after the festive season. Recycle it. We'll collect your real Christmas tree and send it to be turned into compost.
Put your real Christmas tree in your brown bin
- Remove the base and all decorations. You can put the base in your dark green bin.
- Chop it up and put it in your brown recycling bin. The trunk needs to be thinner than your wrist.
- Your bin lid needs to close.
Take your real Christmas tree to a recycling point
Christmas tree recycling points are open from
1 January - 2nd Friday of January when you can drop your Christmas tree off at the following locations:
- Castleton Community Centre Car Park, Manchester Road, Castleton
- Bentley Street, opposite Clarence Street, Rochdale - spare ground
- Bank Top or Cherwell Avenue, Heywood - open space
- Kirkway, just off Grimshaw Lane, Middleton
- Norden Bus Terminus Play Area, Edenfield Road, Rochdale
- Wildhouse Lane, Milnrow - lay-by area
Replant potted Christmas trees
Recycle your old potted Christmas tree by replanting it.
Return your Christmas tree
Many shops and garden centres recycle trees if they're returned to them. Check where you bought your tree from.
Artificial Christmas trees
If you no longer require your artificial Christmas tree you can: