The Freedom Programme is a confidential 12-week programme for women who want to learn more about domestic abuse. It aims to:
- Help you identify abusive behaviours and beliefs held by abusers
- Help you gain self-esteem and confidence
- Show you how domestic abuse affects children
- Help you recognise future abusers
Who can attend the Freedom Programme?
Any woman who lives in the borough can attend the Freedom Programme. The sessions are FREE and confidential.
What happens during the Freedom Programme sessions?
During the sessions, you'll:
- Take part in discussions and activities addressing domestic abuse
- Be able to join in as much as you want
- Get lots of peer support
- Make friends
- Become more confident and assertive
- Receive a book named 'The Dominator' which you can take home if appropriate for you
Each session has 2 facilitators who are fully trained and have a deep understanding of the issues around domestic abuse.