Rochdale's Housing Strategy sets out the housing issues and challenges in the Rochdale Borough and details the objectives and priorities that are most appropriate for our townships. It will enable us to deliver a high-quality, balanced and diverse housing supply that meets the needs and aspirations of the borough's current and future residents and supports our Sustainable Community Strategy's vision for creating high quality places where people choose to be.
The key objectives and priorities
- Achieving the right quantity of housing.
- Continuing to raise the quality of the housing stock.
- Connecting people to an improved housing offer.
These key objectives will be delivered through these 5 key priorities:
- Supporting development that meets economic needs.
- Making best use of existing homes.
- Addressing fuel poverty and improving energy efficiency and insulation.
- Preventing homelessness and supporting communities.
- Improving neighbourhoods.
How to find housing in Rochdale Borough
You can apply for housing with the registered providers that offer rented accommodation in the borough.