This policy specifies Rochdale Borough Council’s method for dealing with recycling and refuse collections. The policy has been written to:
- Support the council’s newly adopted Waste Management Strategy 2015–2020.
- Underpin the new waste collection service introduced from October 2015.
This policy and the Waste Management Strategy are fundamental to the council’s ability to comply with the following:
- Support the implications of local, national and European pressures for change to reduce the amount of biodegradable waste that is sent to landfill.
- Address tightening health and safety law. This means moving from manual to mechanical handling operations wherever possible.
- Ensure that the council maintains safe, economic and efficient recycling and waste collection.