From 1 January 2021, Rochdale Register Office will no longer be located within Rochdale Town Hall.
We'll add information about where the register office will be based to this page as soon as we have the details.
If you're planning on getting married or entering into a civil partnership at Rochdale Register Office there are various options we offer to enable you to have the sort of ceremony you wish. This ranges from a simple ceremony with 2 witnesses to the inclusion of bridesmaids and being escorted into the ceremonies room with music playing and guests doing readings of your choice.
Please remember that any music or readings shouldn't have any religious connection. Contact us to discuss any other enhancements to the legal part of the ceremony including incorporating cultural or special requirements. If you're planning to enhance your ceremony in any way please contact us to discuss it before the ceremony.
Please ensure you've paid the ceremony fee and have chosen your vows prior to the day of the ceremony.
The day of the ceremony
- Please arrive at the Register Office at least 10 minutes before the time of your ceremony. Ensure that you and your guests allow extra time for parking during busy shopping periods.
- You must bring at least 2 witnesses with you to be present during the ceremony. Witnesses have to be over the age of 16 and be able to speak and understand English. Please let them know in advance that you would like them to sign the register with you.
- The Registrar will see you both before the ceremony to check the details that are to appear in the register. The detail will include the full names and occupation of your natural, step father or adoptive father.
- If one party prefers not to see the other until the ceremony begins, the couple can be seen separately. If one party wishes to walk in with someone, for example father and bridesmaids, it would be appreciated if you could advise the Register Office in advance.
- The ceremony will be conducted by the Superintendent Registrar or an appointed deputy. After brief introductions, it will proceed with the couple being asked to repeat their chosen vows.
Choose your vows.
- The giving and receiving of rings can be included in the ceremony. Let the registrar know on the day of your ceremony.
- After the vows have been made, the Superintendent Registrar will conclude the ceremony. The Registrar will enter your details in to the register. You'll both be asked to check and sign the register followed by your witnesses. Please check these details carefully, as it will be difficult to make any corrections at a later date.