Celebrating commitment and excellence
The ACE Staff Awards are annual awards to celebrate and recognise the achievements of staff across the council. The awards are open to all staff employed by the council. They're an opportunity to recognise and celebrate individuals and teams who provide outstanding service and truly live the council's values: The Rochdale Way.
How to nominate
If you are a resident, partner, councillor, staff or user of our services you can nominate individuals or teams who you feel deserve to be recognised for their commitment, hard work and dedication in delivering excellent services.
As well as those staff that are front-facing there are many others who work behind the scenes in operational and support functions that should also be recognised for their commitment to the borough.
In making your nomination you'll need to:
- Select the relevant award category.
- Select the relevant values and give examples against the criteria to demonstrate what the individual or team has done in making a difference or providing an outstanding service.
- Complete and submit your nomination.
Closing date for nominations: Friday, 31 August 2018 at 5pm.
Awards will be presented in 8 categories. These are:
Young Employee of the Year Award: the Young Employee of the Year Award celebrates the energy, passion and enthusiasm that young adults, aged 25 and under, bring to our workplace. The award recognises their contribution to council priorities and service delivery and acting as a positive role model to others.
Community Action Award: this award is for an employee or team that is making a difference. It's for those employees that use their creativity and energy to make a positive contribution in the community. The award recognises those that volunteer regularly or that have gone out of their way to do something for the benefit of others. Employees can self-nominate.
Inspiring Change Award: the Inspiring Change Award celebrates the employees that have identified innovative solutions to problems or that have put forward new ideas, helping the council to change or improve for the better.
Team of the Year Award: the Team of the Year Award celebrates the spirit of working together to deliver outcomes. This includes groups of employees in the same service area or a group that has worked collaboratively on a project or initiative.
Pride of the Borough Award: the Pride of the Borough Award recognises those employees think are doing a great job or are going out of their way to ensure people's experience of council services is a positive one. This award is nominated by local residents only.
Employee of the Year Award: the employee of the year award celebrates employees that demonstrate a commitment to quality in carrying out job responsibilities, who consistently deliver good performance and act as a positive role model to others.
Learner of the Year: the Learner of the Year Award recognises employees that have undertaken learning and development to support them in fulfilling their potential and helping the council to build a strong and capable workforce. This might include a qualification, on the job training, taking on additional responsibilities, acting up in a more senior role and so on.
ACE Outstanding Contribution. (To be selected by the
Chief Executive in conjunction with the
Mayor of Rochdale.) We're looking for the Rochdale Borough Council employee who has made an Outstanding Contribution to the organisation. The winner will have significantly demonstrated that they are committed to the values of the Rochdale Way. The winner to be announced at the ACE Staff Awards celebration evening of the awards ceremony on Thursday, 29 November 2018.
The following details the values as set out in The Rochdale Way. You'll need to select the relevant values and give examples against the criteria to demonstrate what the individual or team has done in making a difference or providing an outstanding service.
Valuing our people
- Shows commitment and initiative
- Delivers outcomes for others
- Gets on with and treats others with respect
Focussing on customers
- Listens to and understands customer needs
- Provides high standard of service that meets customer needs
- Manages customer expectation
Acting with integrity
- Acts in the right way at all times
- Delivers on promises
- Learns from mistakes and makes changes
Using time and money wisely
- Completes work in an efficient and effective way at all times
- Generates new ideas that help use resources or budges more effectively
- Has developed or implemented new systems, policies or procedures that deliver improved standards of service
- Builds effective relationships with others
- Actively contributes when working as part of a team
- Has made a positive difference as a result of teamwork
Always learning and improving
- Demonstrates commitment to own personal development and progression
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving the organisation
- Has a forward-thinking approach and makes a positive impact
Shortlisting and judging
Shortlisting: to be announced in October 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly. Applications will be judged on the quality of the nomination than on the highest number of nominations received.
council's leadership team.
The judging panel will be made up of representatives from staff across the council. The panel will assess the nominations against the criteria listed in each award category. The final selection will be undertaken by the
The awards ceremony and prizes
Date: Thursday, 29 November 2018
Rochdale Town Hall
Nominators and shortlisted individuals and teams, as well as key stakeholders and other staff, will be invited to attend the ceremony. All shortlisted nominees will be invited to the event and presented with a certificate.
Our judging panel will consider the nominations. The winners will be announced and presented with a trophy and certificate at the ACE Staff Awards on Thursday, 29 November 2018.
Thank you to our sponsors
Our awards ceremony is supported and sponsored by our partners and local businesses. If you'd like to sponsor the 2018 event or get more information on the packages available, please email
Our awards ceremony is being supported and sponsored by the following partners and local businesses.
- Rochdale Training – for Learner of the Year
- Agilisys - for Inspiring Change Award
- Gleeson Homes – for Community Action Award
- Countryside – for Team of the Year
- Keepmoat Homes – for Young Employee of the Year
- Cooney Civil Engineering – for Employee of the Year
- Link4Life – for Pride of the Borough Award
- YPO – for ACE Outstanding Contribution
- Liquidlogic – for the sponsors reception
- Balfour Beatty – for the entertainment
- Taylor Wimpey – for the refreshments